Sunday, July 17, 2011

Out Fishing


Fishing is also one of the popular past times here. Since Sweden is a country with thousands of lakes and rivers, it's obviously a perfect place to satisfy the delight of a fisher's heart. Umeå alone offers a wide range of lakes and rivers for fishers to choose from.

From springtime to autumn is the ideal time for fishing. Since night time had started to be bright in spring, many people go out fishing in the night. Some are able to catch while others may be less fortunate because of the presence of several fishers. Still, they enjoy being out there, casting the fishing rod, being with nature and being together with friends with similar interest.


One evening in Skeppsvik, a bay where fishers love to go, including us, the sight of these ducks that seemed to enjoy the "sunny" evening caught my eyes, and I took several pictures of them.





My hubby fishing in the same bay at 9:00 p.m.





And here in another lake.





Another evening in Skeppsvik, where fishing enthusiasts keep coming even later in the night.





Here are two other lakes on the outskirts of the city.








All these keep reminding me of Jesus' words:

"And he said to them: “Come after me, and I will make YOU fishers of men.”  At once abandoning the nets, they followed him."
- Matthew 4:18,20

Happily, I'm one of those who accepted his invitation to follow him and become fishers of men.






2 comments:

  1. Hello my favorite blog buddy! Looks like we enjoy visiting each other in both locations! *smile* I often share your blog posts with my sons. I know when they read this one, they are going to be so tickled! They absolutely "LOVE" fishing!!!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacqui-fitzgerald/3054849283/in/set-72157600363738995

    Thank you for all of the wonderful things that you share. Take care, my dear friend. Thinking of you always!

    ((((Love))))
    ~Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful grouping of lake photos, Charleen...they have a very cool and serene feel to them.

    ReplyDelete