Sunday, September 10, 2017

Fading Summer

August has gone by and I haven't posted a single blog that month. It's not about the lack of something to write but the lack of time to write the countless memories and thoughts that I have accumulated this summer, plus the earlier ones that I put aside for a while.  But as I've always said, I will surely store them all in my cyber treasure chest.

Meanwhile, I'm scribbling some random summer updates before getting into the details of the big events.

My readers know that I'm a photo junkie. I chronicle the passing seasons through the pictures that I insatiably take. That means I have a thousand pictures that are worth sharing, but I refrain from posting too much here, fearing that I'd bore my readers, though I can't help posting a little more than I should.

So, here are some of the summer scenes that  appealed to my ever roving eyes.

I love those days when we were out birding and some charming scenes just presented themselves before my eyes while waiting for some birds to appear.













...and the evenings when we would call it a day and my companions would walk ahead with that feeling of satisfaction for just being out there together even without seeing the birds we were after.







A picnic-birding moment by a little harbor....






Encounters with some creatures....























Flowers, flowers everywhere...



























And trees and shrubs...









Homely scenes - window flowers and balcony dinner...











Waterscapes where we searched for wader birds...














Evening skies....











Noctilucent clouds...






These sum up our summertime this year. Some said that it had been an unpleasant summer because of the frequent rainfall and cloudy skies. But I say it's still a beautiful summer with pleasant memories and abundant gifts of nature.







And I'm ever so grateful for all of these!


"How many things you have done,
O Jehovah my God,
Your wonderful works and your thoughts toward us.
None can compare to you;
If I were to try to tell and speak of them,
They would be too numerous to recount."







No comments:

Post a Comment