Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Popping Up!

I've been quiet for almost a year. It's not that I have nothing to write or photos to share. I have quite a lot of these things which have not been let into my cyber home. Exciting and meaningful events transpired over the year, which are worth treasuring in my blog. The trouble is that I just felt that my blogging juice had drained out, though I still love to read the interesting blogs of those that I follow.


always enjoying the frequent aurora shows seen from our balcony


Writing, nature and photography are still my passion that keeps burning inside me. I have been out in the natural world recently more than ever. Hubby and I have been actively birding, photo-walking in the wild in search of interesting things in nature. I share my pictures with my personal friends in other sites where I write the stories behind the photos.


photo-walking in the freezing winter wonderland


Arctic redpoll



Why I could not get myself to write here as I used to remains vague to me. Maybe it has to do with my overwhelming stockpile of photos. As many of my readers know, I use a LOT of pictures in my blog. The problem comes when I choose the images to include. I have so much to choose from, and it's exhausting just to go over all the pics and then pick what's best to represent my stories. Yes, I think that's the main block getting in my way. Another could be lack of time and fatigue after my jobs. I usually feel so exhausted at the end of the day that I can only manage to do the necessary things.


I still love being among the snow-laden trees


And then the itch to blog keeps annoying me, goading me to mull over the matter. It wouldn't go away, so I have to give myself a little push, though not so hard, having in mind my past resolve that I must do things in my stride.


still peering at the tiny ice crystals and taking macro shots


As you can see, I spurred myself to write this after a long time. I hope this is not the only time but there will be more coming up. And I hope that I can keep up my stride. Maybe one of these days I could verbally and visually stroll back in time through this blog.


early winter by the city river


And....I must restrain myself from using so many pictures!


the harbor where we frequent to watch the sunset, look for birds and broken ice bits


So this is all for now. Till next time.....


Linking up with





No comments:

Post a Comment