Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dinner for One


My hubby went fasting last month to lose some weight. For several days, he abstained from eating solid foods, and disciplined himself to drink juice and pure vegetable broth soup.

However, during those times of abstinence, the culinary artist in him spurred him to cook something delicious. And he did cook with enthusiasm, not for him but for me. And so, while he himself refrained from eating, I had all the pleasure of eating for myself, and I did relish his delectable recipes. Here are some of the foods he cooked for me. 












As much as I loved eating the foods that he prepared, I was hoping that the weight that he would lose would not heap up on me. I have a normal physique, though I've never been on a diet, and I want to keep it that way. So I was a little worried that these savoury dishes would disrupt my shape.

Fortunately, the fasting is over, and my hubby has slimmed down by several kilos, and I didn't gain weight at all. Yehey! And it called for  celebration. After almost a month of preparing dinner for one, he felt the need to make a real good dinner for two on the day of his "comeback".



2 comments:

  1. Oh, those photographs! Worthy of a food magazine. So while he slimmed down you got to eat the food he was dreaming of. Sounds like a win-win to me. But I can see your worry that you might be gaining what he was losing.
    I'm glad it wasn't so!

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your hubby for losing his weight. What a nice guy to cook such incredible meals for you while he fasted.

    I like your new background.

    ReplyDelete