Sunday, October 9, 2011

Early Birds


One morning at half past six, while waiting for the bus that would take me to my work, I looked around the still dim surrounding, and my eyes were drawn by the orange glow of the sky. It looked like a promise of a lovely day. I fished  my compact camera out of my backpack and took a snapshot of the clouds.







Along the path of my vision, a black silhouette presented itself and got my  eyes focus on it. There were two birds perching on the bar of a street lamp. Early birds watching the break of day. 






They reminded me that I was one of them that day and a few days before that. I've never been an early riser. I'm basically a sound-sleeper, and I do sleep like a log despite any noise around my sleeping time. Which means that I have difficulty waking up early, and I must have an alarm clock to wake me up.

Recently, my job requires me to start early, and so I must make myself wake up at 5:00 in the morning, which is really hard for me. At about 6:30, while most people are still sleeping, I'm already at the bus stop along with one or two people, waiting for a ride to my workplace. Most mornings are dark and cloudy, but at this particular day, the sky was lovely and the birds added up to what I anticipated to be a beautiful day. As the old proverb says, "Early birds catch the most worms", I might as well catch more "worms". True enough, starting early provided me more time to work more and thus earn more. And I could also finish my tasks earlier. 

That day also treated me with these stunning views of the city as seen from the top floor of the newly constructed apartment building that I was assigned to clean up after the construction. I took a few minutes during lunch break to drink in the autumnal glory that bedecked the city river and to take snapshots in different angles. These sceneries are viewed from one side of the building.









This one is from the other side.





Looking at these beauties made me feel like those birds perching high up there on the lamp post relishing the splendor of that early morning. And I had my fill of the loveliness that prevailed that day. Indeed, being an early bird is worth all the efforts!







5 comments:

  1. Charlene, the colors are stunning. I could feel the crisp air. A beautiful autumn morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! You described the scene so well, I felt like I had been there with you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely colors and views.

    I used to clean for a living and I really enjoyed it--mostly--because I was alone and could work at my own pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures- I enjoyed my visit to your blog today.

    ReplyDelete