Friday, January 13, 2012

Bedazzled by Pyrotechnics


Their sparks have faded away. They have brightened up the night. They have beautified the air with their colorful brilliance and out-of-this-world  designs. They have delighted millions of spectators, with their eyes glued to them while their hearts brimmed with awe.

Video recordings went frenetic. Cameras clicked.

I cherish such moments of firework shows. I love being enthralled by their beauty, their colors, their patterns, their luminosity. 

I love photographing them too, though I'm not well-equipped to take spectacular shots that I have been wishing to have.  But I shot anyway, and got humble results. I wanted to capture firework clusters in one shot, but in our locality, they just popped out sporadically, from every corner, making it impossible to watch them all, let alone shooting them. At least, I have these here:


























Some prominent videos from different countries also dominated the online news, which I enjoyed watching. The London fireworks got me really awestruck. The whole procedure was worth 18 million Swedish kronor. I'm posting the video here for my own collection. It's a little lengthy but it's worth the time to watch it.







Wouldn't it be wonderful if we were like those fireworks that illuminate in this world's darkness? Or in the hearts of people who have lost their hope and given in to the clutches  of pitch blackness? Through our fine deeds, we can give off lights that brighten up the shadowy places. Each little act of kindness that we do for individuals will accumulate into bursts of sparks that shoot up into the air and form breathtaking fireworks whose singular beauty will be etched in the minds and hearts of those who look up to them. 

Mankind will be illuminated ...inspired ... and live life to the full.

"Let YOUR light shine before men, that they may see YOUR fine works and give glory to YOUR Father who is in the heavens." 

(Matthew 5:16)




4 comments:

  1. Fireworks are so very awesome! Great shots you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic fireworks images Charlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fireworks, too. And I really love your analogy with them. Yes it would be truly wonderful. Wishing you the happiest of new years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fireworks light up the imagination. i had heard blue fireworks are the most rare, but i really like the blue streaks in photo number one.

    ReplyDelete