Tuesday, February 5, 2019

All Comments Gone!

This is just to let my readers know that with the removal of Google+ from Google accounts, all the comments on my posts have also been removed.

Here's the statement from Google: "Support for Google+ comments will be turned down, and all blogs using Google+ comments will be reverted back to using Blogger comments. Unfortunately, comments posted as Google+ comments cannot be migrated to Blogger and will no longer appear on your blog."

So, dear readers, I'm so sorry that all your lovely and inspiring comments are gone. Terribly sorry! But I truly appreciated them.

With this short note, let me add a few photos to enliven this page.

Here's a scene that wowed me the moment I laid eyes on it. Three yellowhammers are chilling out on a fluffy couch high up in a spruce tree.




Last night's (Feb. 4) northern light was classified as weak, but it danced beautifully enough for a few minutes before it faded and the clouds rolled in.




This is one of my favorite winter scenes when the temperature is something like -22 degrees C, the sky is clear blue and the sun kisses the snow-rich trees.




Have a wonderful week!

Linking up with




17 comments:

  1. Those photos are all beautiful. We have booked a cruise for the end of October into the Arctic Circle and are hoping to see the Northern Lights. I hope we will be lucky.
    https://allatseawithme.blogspot.com/2019/02/wordless-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am sorry you lost your comments. I only use the blogger comment form. Your birds are so pretty. Love the view of the Northern Lights and the beautiful snow covered trees. Have a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Northern lights!! Same thing happened with my comments on my blog...getting Google+ turned out to be a big mistake..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yellow pops against the white snow. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those birds are lovely! I think Google + created problems for all and now creating more problems with their removal. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'd love to see your "weak" northern lights, I've never seen them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about all the comments. Sometimes it seems like technology works against us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about all your comments disappearing. These shots are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Aurora Borealis ... You are so lucky to be able to see them !!! may be one day I will this opportunity !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful northern lights,hope blogger platform stays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos. And I didn't understand why Google wasn't able to preserve the Google+ comments, the way they were able to keep plain Google comments. It made zero sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I am sorry about you loosing your comments. That is awful. I am not sure if you back up your blog, would your comments be saved. Lovely photos and beautiful birds. Thank you so much for linking up your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How amazing to see the Northern lights...WOW! And those birds are so pretty. I hope we can get back to blogging...they sure like to change things and never for the better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos - love the Northern Lights! Magical! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. We don't have Yellowhammers here of course, but other than that your pictures could be right here in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I left blogging here for almost a year, because i still have another blogspot which is more active. This one i relegated to travel blogposts. I am sorry for your lost comments, fortunately mine is not G+. I realized most in my reading list are not active anymore, so have to remove them and replace with new ones. Yours is more active so will still be active in my bloglist. Glad to be here again, thanks much.

    ReplyDelete