Monday, October 4, 2010

Raspberry Jam

One of the most enjoyable activities I had during the past summer is berry-picking. It is an exciting experience for me since we don't have such berries to pick where I came from. The sight of bushes laden with ripe berries enruptures me. Everyday, my fingers would itch to pick berries, one of which is the raspberry. 


raspberry

 There was that day when I went to a nearby plot where different plants were cultivated and others just grew wild. These plots had been neglected by their owners and had been overgrown by tall grasses and other weeds. I was supposed to pick gooseberries only since they had abundant ripe fruits that time. 

gooseberries

While I was picking, I chanced upon raspberries growing amongst the gooseberries, their fruits ready for harvesting. 

raspberry

And so I also started to pick those ripe raspberries, and I gathered about two half-gallon ice cream plastic containers, aside from the gooseberries that I picked. I could pick more but it had showered while I was picking and then the shower became thicker, and so I had to go home.

raspberries


raspberries


gooseberries

When I got home, I showed my hubby what I got, and he was also delighted. But what should we do with all those raspberries? Well, we decided to make jams. We searched for a recipe online, and then I cooked. 

cooking jam

almost ready

I was able to make three medium sized jars, which we could store for a long time. 

raspberry jams

Sure, I was elated to have made my first raspberry jam. It's another new experience for me in my new home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlene,

    Thank you for your "cyber visit" in Canada and comment on my blog.
    I am sure your rasberry jam tastes delicious,
    good job:)
    Kram Gisela.

    ReplyDelete