Sunday, January 13, 2013

Still Madly In Love....


...WITH WINTER.

The fourth winter in my life still keeps me spellbound.  I'm still taking it all in through the eyes of one who has his first winter experience. Every year, a new facet of its beauty always comes up.  There's always something that amazes me, something that makes my heart ache with sheer joy.






Winter's dark beginning has gradually abated. The short daylight and long darkness have commenced their shifting course. There were those weeks when the sun never came up, but now, it's peering through the snow-laden trees as it rolls low across the horizon.









Snow is super abundant here every winter and lasts throughout the season. It stays virgin in most parts of our place, making such areas delightful to see. This also explains why there are several ski resorts in and around our city, and skiing a well-loved sport and recreation.













And yes, I love to look at all the whiteness that blankets the entire place!






I still love...

...to catch the falling snowflakes and let them settle on my face.






...the snow that glitters on the ground, the roofs and the trees, and how they wink at me as I pass by them.










...to take a long walk on the snow and defy the cutting coldness of the day, to roll on the snow like a little child, and to ski.







...the days when the sun is out and makes everything it shines on sparkle with beauty.







...even gloomy and misty days when comforting silence settles over the whole city.







...the treetops gilded with the golden radiance of the sun, and the sunlight being trapped inside the "body" of spruce or pine trees.













...the days and nights when temperature is minus 20 or so degrees Celsius and all the bare trees are thickly coated with frosts.














...the various shades of the night, whether the sky is clear or overcast.
























...the softly glowing pastel colors of the clouds on a winter day.






...the marvelous cloud patterns that paint the clear sky.







...the frozen city river where people walk across for a short-cut route to the city center.







...the winter birds perching on the bushes/trees and basking in the cold or in the warmth of the sun.
















...going out to our backyard at around midnight and gaze with wonder at the winter triangle, the Orion, and other constellations and bright planets in the winter firmament.










...looking forward to auroral activities and let my heart dance with the northern lights.






...to take tons of pictures of anything snowy and glittery.





















Oh, wonder by wonder! There's so much beauty in winter, that I cannot mention them all. I feel so blessed to have landed and settled on this corner of the planet where winter is nothing but magical.







And I praise and give glory to the ONE who adorned our home planet with such jewels, which are the works of his hands.







I hope that anyone reading this can feel the magical sensation that I heartily wish to extend to ALL who visit my site.