Monday, January 28, 2013

Happily Eccentric


As I mentioned in my previous post, the days were full of sunshine recently. I had been chasing the sunlight, getting myself bathed in its brightness and capturing its radiance. It hadn't snowed for weeks, though our whole city is still covered with piles of snow.

Yesterday, however, an unchecked whim seized me: I had been missing the snowfall!

When I woke up this morning, voila!, the snow was falling. And it went on the whole day, and there will come more tonight. 

Today, despite the gray clouds that canopied us,  I enjoyed another walk amid the snowfall. I lifted my face toward the sky, letting the snow touch my skin, savoring its cold sensation. I stuck my tongue out to catch the snow, to feel and drink its coldness.





Okay, this is just one of my simple pleasures. Can't help jotting it down. Can't get enough of the season, not tired of it at all. I'm sure I will always love winter, I mean, the winter that we have here, the one that I've ever known. I don't know about the winter in other countries, which keeps me wondering why many loathe it, why there's a thing called winter blues.

I think I'm just blessed to have this outlook, to see and feel what others can't during such seemingly dreary days. 

Or maybe I'm just an eccentric person, being happy over the things that may be meaningless for others.

...but always in BLISS!