Monday, August 2, 2010

A Whiff of Fragrance


I was walking around the neighborhood one day when a sweet fragrance wafted into my nostrils. Hmm...I wondered which of the many different flowers from some private gardens gave off such soothing smell. It reminded me of the potpourri scent that permeated the whole room of some  gift shops, which often intoxicated my senses.

I kept strolling until I came close to this richly blomming rose bush.




I stuck out my nose to smell the flowers, and yes, this is it! I lingered there, trying to drink in its sweetness until I had my fill.




Even the bumble bees hopped from one flower to another, sipping their sweet nectar.




It was a perfectly warm day, and a gentle breeze roamed about, carrying with it this soul-invigorating scent from this beauty of creation. It's one of the many simple but pleasurable blessings that we receive everyday from our Creator.